- Get to know your credit history. You can request a copy of your credit bureau from Equifax or Transunion anytime. It is recommended to check your credit bureau annually.
- Pay your bills on time each month. At least make the minimum payment. If you skip a payment it will affect your credit bureau negatively.
- Keep your credit facility balances low.
- Maintain a credit history. Lenders will look at your credit to see how long your history is, minimum 2 trades lines is good and in good standing.
- Get help. There are many experts to help including your mortgage broker. Call me if you need some guidance.
Dominion Lending – GoToBrokers